Individual Development Plan (IDP) Consulting
An Individual Training & Development Plan (IDP) is a tool to help support and organize your career development and training opportunities. With the help of an experienced consultant, you can learn how to build an IDP based on your greatest strengths, address any weaknesses that make it difficult to do your job, and confidently discuss your IDP with your supervisor.
An experienced consultant, certified as a Career Management Coach and a Global Career Development Facilitator, will work with you from a holistic perspective. Taking account of all aspects of your life and work, you can plan to increase engagement as a unique contributor to the NIH Mission.
The relationship with the IDP consultant is confidential, objective and unbiased.
What are the benefits of IDP Consulting?
With IDP consulting, you can:
- Practice confidently discussing your IDP with your supervisor
- Understand, leverage, and strengthen your technical and leadership competencies
- Identify, clarify, and commit to goals based on your priorities and professional goals
- Create and develop strategies for goal achievement
- Ensure you make the progress you want on your goals
- Make the best out of a recent promotion, change of job, or pending retirement
- Conduct self-assessments as needed, and review your current situation
- Analyze alternatives and solutions
How long is the consulting commitment and what are the fees?
An individual may receive two 50-minute individual consulting sessions in the span of approximately one month.
Individual Training & Development Plan (IDP) Consulting is $195 for the two-session package. Additional bundles of two 50-minute sessions can be purchased for $195 as well. Supervisory approval is required.
Whom do I contact to begin?
For more information about Individual Training & Development Plan (IDP) Consulting or to pursue working with an IDP Consultant, please contact us at 301-496-6211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.