One-on-One Writing and English Consulting
The NIH Training Center offers a targeted one-on-one tutoring series for employees seeking to improve their written and spoken communication. Target your most urgent needs via 2 individual instruction sessions -- at your convenience!
Session content is customized to non-native and native English speakers’ unique needs. Your own workplace feedback, written documents, and writing projects in progress will be used as instrumental to one-on-one assessment and instruction.
In two 50-minute segments, you can focus on problem areas such as the following:
- Identifying, remedying, and avoiding your common grammar pitfalls
- Tightening sentence structure and flow
- Choosing correctly from commonly confused words
- Preventing business/workplace writing and speaking missteps
- Tackling difficult English pronunciation demands
- Editing and proofreading documents (memos, emails, reports, marketing materials, educational pamphlets, and more)
With this flexible format, you can also opt for a broad a range of instruction to ensure the most common stumbling blocks are covered (and uncovered).
About Your Consultant
Your instructor/writing consultant is currently the Deputy Director of the NIH Training Center, as well as a published author, editor, and former health communications writer. She possesses a Master’s degree in Linguistics/Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, and she is a certified TESOL instructor who has taught English in Europe and America at the university and corporate levels. She is also a member of the American Medical Writers Association.
$299 for a private two-session package.
Inquiries about Writing and English Consulting?
- Contact: Elena Juris, Deputy Director, NIH Training Center
- Phone: 301-594-5981
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org